Yikes! Ten days since my last blog.
But I have a really good excuse--I mean reason. I sent out a bunch of queries by email about a week and a half ago (see the incredible coincidence?). Now at the time I sent the queries, I still had to do a final polish on the book and write a few pages to tie everything up at the end. I figured that wasn't really a problem, I could finish that in a few days of concentrated effort (I work well under pressure).
Well. I started receiving requests for fulls and partials right off the bat (thanks, I'm certain, to Miss Snark's Happy Hooker Crap-O-Meter). Now I sent the queries on Saturday so I wasn't really expecting to hear anything until Monday. By Sunday, I had a fistful of requests.
I still had to do the polish. And write those last few scenes.
The first part of the polish went reasonably well. I already had the partial polished and gleaming when I did the queries so all of those got out right away. Then I discovered a problem. I had a loose thread. So, I've spent the past ten days finding every instance of that thread and eliminating it, which often included rewriting some rather large portions or adding scenes. Now that I'm finished with the loose thread, I need to write the last few pages then one final read through.
I swear, I'm never doing this again.
Oh, but I have some excellent news!
One of my "dream" agents requested the manuscript I was peddling in November. Since she was on the list for this one too, I was able to send the full of the first manuscript with a partial of the second. I've queried her on several projects and she's always had something positive to say. Also, I met her a few years ago at a conference and I think I could work with her very well. OK. Off to do that final read through.